ASK ABOUT OUR REFERRAL PROGRAM!
When Choosing a Contractor and Selecting a New Roof
We want you to know what we know!
NOW YOU KNOW WHAT WE KNOW!
WHEN CHOOSING A CONTRACTOR:
Buying a new roof system is an important investment. A properly installed roof system can last up to 30, 40 or 50 years. It is important to hire the right professional contractor to get the job done properly the first time. We recommends that you prequalify all roofing contractors before you hire them. The following guidelines will help you select a professional:
• Is the contractor properly licensed or bonded?
You can check with the State License Board by calling 1-800-256-1392 or visit www.lslbc.louisiana.gov.
Yes, we are appropriately licensed for our trade and can provide any proof needed.
• Does the contractor have proof of insurance?
In fact, insist on seeing copies of his liability coverage and workers’ compensation certificates. Make sure the coverages are current and in effect through the duration of the job. Call the producer to verify current coverage. If a contractor is not properly insured, you may be liable for accidents that occur on your property. Many building and home owners have been dragged into litigation involving uninsured roofing contractors.
Yes, we can provide proof of insurance to protect our company, or staff & most importantly, our clients.
• Does the contractor have a list of client references and completed projects?
We recommend that you call these clients to find out whether they were satisfied.
Yes, we keep track of all of our completed work. We include a few testimonials on this website. Other websites where feedback can be seen (include but not limited to): Angie's List, HomeAdvisor, Thumbtack, Google+, Facebook, BuildZoom.
• Will the contractor provide a written proposal?
A proposal should have detailed descriptions and specifications of the work and payment procedures.
Yes, we provide written proposals to all clients prior to contracts being signed. Following contracts, our clients receive copies of all documents.
• Is the contractor a licensed and approved applicator of the roofing material?
Most roof systems require special application expertise to achieve lasting quality. Ask for a list of their qualified manufacturers.
Yes, we have provided a list of our manufacturers as well as our products on our website.
• Does the contractor offer any roofing warranties?
Carefully read and understand any roofing warranties offered and watch for provisions that would void it.
Yes, we absolutely guarantee our products and service provided. The length of the warranty is based per project. We go one step further by pointing out when the manufacturer's warranty may be voided and recommending solutions that are in the best interest of the client.
• Keep a healthy skepticism about the lowest bid. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Many fly-by-night contractors’ below-cost bids seem attractive, but these contractors often are uninsured, perform substandard work and might not be in business to honor your warranty down the road. Remember, price is only one of the criteria for selecting a roofing contractor. Professionalism, experience and quality workmanship also should weigh heavily in your decision.
We pride ourselves in our customer service & customer satisfaction. Our prices reflect the work, commitment and dedication that we offer to each client.
WHEN SELECTING A NEW ROOF:
Selecting the right roof for your home or business involves educating yourself about roofing products, choosing a good contractor, and learning important questions to ask. Costs will vary depending on material, labor costs, job location and complexity of roof design.
When selecting a new roof, consider three things:
• The roofing materials' resistance to the elements - weathering, hail impact, wind or fire.
• The written details of the manufacturer's warranty of various roofing products.
• The selection of the right contractor with impeccable references.